Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15th: I Survived!

I made it through another week of middle school and found Friday at the end of it! And as far as Fridays go, this one wasn't too bad. Normally Fridays just drag on and on. But today went surprisingly well. Perhaps the prospect of a three-day weekend kept us all, teachers and kids alike, saner than usual!

At recess today, two of my eighth grade girls came running into my classroom. They were obviously excited about something. The eighth graders watch the CNN Student News every day, but they were caught a bit off guard when Samantha started screaming "That's my comment!!!" Turns out, she had written a comment on Carl Azuz's blog and he actually mentioned it during the show. Needless to say, Samantha was beside herself!! The best part? She couldn't wait to come into my classroom and tell me about it!!

How cool is that!!

1 comment: