Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th


Need I say more?!

Well, you know I'm gonna!

Lots of positive moments today, including receiving my official Star Discovery Educator certificate. Even though I became a DEN Star a few months ago, receiving this in the mail today made me very happy.

Today was our first day back at school after our Christmas break. We didn't have students today, just a long meeting with faculty and staff. But rather than be dreading every moment of my first morning back, I was in a surprisingly good mood. I was happy to see all my friends and have some time to sit and chat. It felt great to reconnect with everyone today. Yes, we had a lengthy meeting to sit through, and I still had plenty of work to do in the classroom afterwards, but I never let myself get discouraged or feel stressed about not being ready for my students.

That, my friends, is quite a victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment