Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year, A New Way of Thinking

I have always said that I don't believe in making New Year's Resolutions. If I wanted to make a change in my life, I didn't need to wait for a specific day to do it. I could make changes anytime I wanted! The problem is I never really get around to that. Maybe I really am the kind of person who needs a schedule for everything!

What I do know about myself, much as I hate to admit it, I have always been a "glass is half empty" kind of gal. And where has that gotten me? Nowhere, really. Oh, I could give you a long list of Whoa-Is-Me-Isms, but that would go against the reason for this blog...the change I'd like to make this year.

Today, I began participating in the 365 Day Photo Challenge along with many of the members of my PLN. The idea is to take one photo every day and share it via Flickr and, possibly, your own blog (you can see mine at Picturing My Year Day By Day). This got me thinking. About my thinking. Seriously.

And here's what I've decided to do. I will find at least one positive thing each day of this New Year and write about it here on this blog. It doesn't have to be anything huge...in fact, I've always believed that it is the little things in life that hold the most value for us. The point is to help me change my view on life; to try and find a way to see my world through anything but dark, gloomy glasses.

Who's with me? I would love to see others participate in this challenge. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world who could use a fresh, clean perspective on life. Besides, if there are others participating with me I'll be more likely to keep up with this every day.

Care to start a Thought Revolution with me?!

4 comments:

  1. That's a positive start! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in and here is my positivism for today: I think it is amazing that we live in a day and age where we can build friendships with people we have never met in a medium we would have never imagined. I'm glad to count you among my friends. Here is to a positive new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barbsplace...glad to have you on board!!

    And, Mrs. Tenkely (so formal, eh?!), I couldn't agree with you more! So happy, so lucky to have you as a friend! Here's to a year of joy and happy thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Tenkely is the Google profile :) forgot that I was so formal ha ha!

    ReplyDelete