Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3rd

It's Sunday. The last day of my Christmas break from school. I was surprised this morning when I didn't start my day filled with dread and oh so much whining [is one ever too old to say "But I don't wanna go to school!!" in the whiniest voice imaginable?] In fact that gut-tightening "why didn't I get more work done over break" feeling never stopped by for a visit today.

Interesting.

Could it be that trying to stay positive is already having an effect? Or might I just be delusional from all the Christmas chocolate still in my system? Tough call.

I tried to think of a big, positive moment from my day, something I could write about here. But nothing really struck me as being "blog worthy." So, I sent a message out on twitter, and received this reply:


I read it over several times. Then it finally registered...these positive moments I'm looking for each day don't have to be huge, fantabulous, rock your world types of moments. I even wrote about that in my first post. The little things in life have value too, and we shouldn't overlook them. I did manage to get the laundry done as well as quite a bit of cleaning around here. The cable guy came by (yes, on a Sunday) and replaced my box, so I finally have cable again. I don't know if I did any "reveling" today, Mrs. Tenkely, but I did get in a bit of relaxation. Does that count?

So, thanks for the reminder, Kelly! You are positively a good friend!!

2 comments:

  1. Relaxation definitely counts! I got the laundry finished today too, and a blog post. I was feeling pretty positive that I accomplished both before the start of a busy week. Look for the little things too, they add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better! Thank you! Now, bring on the busy week!

    ReplyDelete