Friday, January 16, 2015

Be Kind to Others

Ahhhh, a three-day weekend! I am so ready to sleep in tomorrow morning after a rather long week at school. Of course, since it's a three-day weekend, I woke up this morning feeling like someone lit a fire inside my lungs. Typical. Well, I'm not going to think about that right now. I think I'll live in denial a bit longer.

We started our day with mass first thing. During his sermon, Father Vince talked about how we need to live our lives more aware of what's happening around us. It could be something simple like the fact that the baptismal font had been moved off the altar in church (none of us noticed), or it could be something much more important like a friend who is unhappy. He said that we need to be kind to others because everyone has their own battles that we know nothing about.

So true. We teachers think about this quite often. We may never know what's going on in the lives of our students outside of the classroom; we just know that we need to make them feel safe and loved while they are with us. It's so much more important than making sure they learn their ABC's.

No comments:

Post a Comment