Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Where Are My Books?

I made it through the third day back...barely. But I'm starting to go through reading withdrawals! I spent a majority of my Christmas vacation with Kindle in hand and loved every minute of it. Now that I'm back at school, there just hasn't been time for reading. I don't even try to read once I get home...my eyes just refuse to stay open long enough to read one or two paragraphs.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday when I'll be able to spend some quality time with one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. Well, at least I'll be spending time reading one of her books, Sing You Home. And that's what will get me through the next two days of work, looking forward to reading.

I can't remember a time when I didn't know how to read, and I don't remember actually learning how to read. When I think of my early childhood exposure to books, I think of my dad. I remember him reading us stories and putting up with my correcting him as he read. I also remember trips to the library with dad when I got to take home as many books as I wanted. Happy memories!

Both of my parents are big readers, and I know that's where I get my love of reading. So, thank you, mom and dad, for introducing me to great adventures, magical tales, and story after story about what it is to be human.

No comments:

Post a Comment