Thursday, January 1, 2015

Write 365

Once Upon A Time...I began this blog with the hope that it would not only push me to write more, but that it would also help me to refocus my thoughts toward a more positive attitude. Well, it's been a few years since I last wrote anything here, but I'm feeling the need to start again.

And that's the beautiful thing about life, isn't it? There's always time to start anew, we just need to find the desire and the willingness. I woke up this morning feeling that desire to be a writer again...the willingness, well, I'll just need to work on that.

In the past, I've participated in the 365 Photo Challenge and, as an amateur photographer, I truly enjoyed it. Some days were more challenging than others to find something worthy of that #365Photo, but I kept at it and thoroughly enjoyed it. This year, I'm setting a different challenge for myself. The title of this blog post probably gave it away, but my goal is to write at least one blog post every day of this year. Some of them may be fairly short...

"Working on report cards."

"Bad fish, bad fish!"

"This is Karen's mother. Please excuse her from writing a blog post today. Her brain is dead."

...but I will write something!

When I was growing up, I dreamed of becoming an author. The problem was I rarely seemed to actually write anything worthy of publishing. Or even sharing with the cat, for that matter. There's this line from an old Billy Crystal movie that has stayed in my head since I first saw Throw Momma From the Train:

"A writer writes. Always!"

So that is my goal. To write. Every day.

If you would like to join me, I'll be using the hashtag #write365 on Twitter.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Karen! Lofty, healthy and do-able! I might dabble a bit but every day just seems too daunting. Can't wait to read your mom's excuse notes--adorable! Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Catina! I may also challenge my students to #write365. So, do you think blog comments can count as my writing for today???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the same challenge. Hope we last the distance!

    ReplyDelete